Cup for Best Gold
Awarded for best gold of the Tournament
This can also be won outright by
getting three successive Best Golds.
The present cup, The Phillip's Cup,
was presented by Mr John W Phillips of
Pendle and Samlesbury Archers
in 1935 after he won the former Cup,
The Hutton-Coates Cup.
The Hutton-Coates Cup had been
presented by The Rev. C. Hutton-Coates
of Burton Agness in 1902,
who in turn had won the previous Cup,
the Robert Farrer Cup of 1859
at Settle in 1902